9/29/2014

Perfect Fall Day | Weekend


This past weekend my family and I went apple picking at a local U-Pick a few minutes outside of the city (MacKay Apple Orchard, for those wondering). I fully endorse buying fresh local fruit (those who know me, will concur) so when it come to U-Picks I am all for them! And thank the wonders of the universe that I live in such a BEAUTIFUL country, especially in the Fall! Everywhere you look could be made into a painting.

To me it is very important to support our local farms and shops, who else would keep them in business? Also, it is much more beneficial to buy local because the less time the item spends getting from the farm to you the more nutrients are available for your body to use. After reading an eye opening article on Food Matters titled: Are you eating one year old apples? I realized that buying grocery store apples just isn't nutritionally acceptable anymore. I'm eating with a plan guys, I want to get as much of the healthy nutrients as possible from ALL of my foods! Maybe even live forever (haha!)

So here are a few photos to document how awesome buying local is and how much fun you can have gathering healthy foods!






Photo Credit: Kyle Hanson Photography





Photo Credit: Kyle Hanson Photography


❤️

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is super cute! I hope you get the chance to check out my blog and maybe follow if you like it :)

    iqrascliche.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dani,

    The more I read your blog the more I think we have common thoughts. I love apples and I try to buy my food at local business. This week I'll post 3 easy and tasty ways to eat apples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear, I hope to find more people like us trying to live a healthy lifestyle.

      What is your blog? I would love to see this post!

      Delete