I made these little treats over the weekend for a family Christmas party, they were absolutely amazing! (not to brag or anything) These babies are not only free from animal cruelty but also from gluten, peanuts, soy, and other allergens one might find in your average cheesecake.
7 Ingredient Vegan Cheesecake
- 1 cup pitted dates (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes then drained)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1.5 cups raw cashews, soaked in water 4-6 hours or overnight
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- Optional Flavor Add-Ins:
- 2 Tbsp natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup wild blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Add almonds and process into a meal.
- Add dates to food processor with almond meal and blend until mixed. Move into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Lightly grease a standard, 12 slot muffin tin (or add muffin paper to prevent sticking)
- Next, put the nut and date dough into the bottoms of the muffin tray to form the crust. Put as much as desired (about 1 Tbsp works well).
- Add all filling ingredients to the food processor and mix until very smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. If adding peanut butter or berries, add to the blender and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Divide filling evenly among the muffin tins. Add berries for garnish or swirl in almond butter on the top. Then cover with plastic wrap and freeze until hard (4 hours or overnight)
- Once set, remove from freezer and serve frozen or wait about 10 minutes for them to thaw out a little.
Recipe Adapted From Minimalist Baker http://minimalistbaker.com/7-ingredient-vegan-cheesecakes/